POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.animations : Cloth falling onto a sphere - ml_cloth1.m1v : Re: Cloth falling onto a sphere - ml_cloth1.m1v Server Time
20 Jul 2024 17:27:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Cloth falling onto a sphere - ml_cloth1.m1v
From: Dave Blandston
Date: 24 May 2000 23:47:44
Message: <392ca260@news.povray.org>
This is fantastic. I've been kicking around the idea of doing a certain
scene with draped cloth for quite some time, but never gave it much thought
because I knew the cloth would be pretty challenging, probably TOO
challenging for me. Therefore I want to encourage you - you're doing great!

It looks like for the first 1/3 of the animation the cloth is actually
stretching to cover the sphere. Or maybe that's what you mean by the vacuum
effect. At any rate, the final appearance is very convincing.

Regards,
Dave